Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Ooh take a picture of me with the big turnip!

I have a childhood memory of going out to eat dinner on vacation with my family. Nestled amongst his pile of french fries, my brother (who is maybe 6 or 7 at the time) pulled this super long fry from the bunch - like an abnormally, superduper long fry. It was even from a real potato skin and all. He pulls it up to his face and squeals with delight, "Oooooh take a picture of me with the big fry!" It is one of those family jokes that has stuck with me. Maybe the rest of the family has completely forgotten but I sure remember.

So when Nathan comes up to the house with this enormous turnip, I am delighted to squeal,

"OOOOOOOOOOH! TAKE A PICTURE OF ME WITH THE BIG TURNIP!"


IMG_7189

He was confused but busted up laughing anyway. 

Now, if only I liked turnips...

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Carve it!

Post a Comment