Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Slumgullion challenge winners

I am pleased to announce that we have not one, but two winners for the slumgullion recipe challenge.

Our first winner is Lindsey with her Tuscan slumgullion; an adaptation of a beloved Tuscan soup recipe featuring ground pork, kale and homemade gnocchi (recipe to follow).

Our second winner is Rachel with her Italian meatball casserole featuring herbed meatballs and pasta in a marinara sauce and topped with cheese (recipe also to follow).

Congrats to the winners and thanks to all who supported the recipe challenge. Who would have thought that lowly slumguillion could be dressed up in so many ways? This was so much fun, I can't wait for the next recipe challenge. As a reminder, the challenges are open to all, not just CSA members.

On to the prizes! To keep them creatively inspired as well as fashionably adorned, each of our lovely winners will receive one boutique apron. Here are the choices:

IMG_7372


I love the vintage feel of this yellow apron with the girly floral motif and dusty rose ties. Then again I have a thing for yellow aprons; my current count is three including my mother-in-law's 1975 vintage yellow gingham. I love that thing to pieces - literally.

IMG_7375


I can't look at this apron without feeling happy. I don't know if it is the little birds or the non-traditional petal colors, it just feels so fresh and cheery and bright. I adore that turquoise color and appreciate the extra long, wrap-around ties.

As an added bonus, since both winners are also members of the Double F Ranch Meat CSA, they are each entitled to one cut of their choice from our CSA inventory. Since the CSA system works by distributing the harvest of grass fed beef, pastured pork and pastured poultry equally among members, the bags are pre-packed and there is little room for customization. So here is your chance ladies to take home the cut of your choice. Maybe you want to recreate a particularly memorable dish from a past share distribution or make the most of summer BBQ season with another whole chicken, a rack of ribs, a beef brisket or a couple more steaks for the grill. Up to you!

Thanks again to all who participated and I look forward to the next recipe challenge.

Winners please email me to work out prize details. Thank you!


No comments:

Post a Comment