Saturday, August 21, 2010

Save the date


Lots of people have come and gone from the ranch over the last hundred years or so and for a lot of different reasons. To this day I still encounter people fondly reminiscing of the times they spent at the ranch. If I meet someone of baby boomer age and they haven't been out to the ranch in a long time, I can make a pretty good guess that the last time they visited was about 30 some years ago - the infamous eclipse party. Though I was born post-eclipse, even I wish I could have been there; it sounds like one heck of a party.

Lucky for me, after 37 years, another total solar eclipse will be visible from the lower 48 States and the path tracks right across Central Oregon (no Portland or Eugene but Salem will see it). So you heard it here first folks, mark your calendars for the next eclipse party at the ranch, just seven years from today:

Monday, August 21, 2017 10:19AM


I'll see you there with my pinhole camera!


1 comment:

Rachel and Jarom said...

We will be there! :)

Post a Comment