Monday, March 15, 2010

Trebuchet

IMG_0823

AC was out this weekend working with her dad on building a trebuchet for a science project. It was really cool to watch it come together piece by piece. They put a lot of hard work into it and the craftsmanship really shows down to the smallest details like beveling the edges and rounding off the corners. AC was really good with all the tools from the band saw to the grinder to chisels and antique drills.



I wish I got to do fun projects like that when I was in school. I'm hoping she brings it back out to the ranch soon so we can play with it some more. For her project, she had to launch a hacky sack about 20-25 feet into the target area but I am pretty sure we could launch a golf ball clear across the canyon. The best part? The dog will happily bring it right back and we could do it again!

1 comment:

CSW said...

OH, COOOOOOOOOOLLLLL!!! A Trebuchet! I am SO jealous. Nicely done, ranch buddies. Rick and I salute you, from Portland.

Post a Comment